Ana Maria Benito Levy, Psychologist (English, Spanish, Italian)
Ana Maria Benito was trained and Licensed as a Psychologist at the National University of Mar del Plata in Argentina. She has over 30 years of professional experience in training and practice and is a member of IFTA International Family Therapy Association. She has worked at Maternity Hospital Sarda, the Rehabilitation Center Cerenil and the Day Hospital in the Mental Health Center in Argentina. Ana Maria has served as a Coordinator and Chairperson for the Rehabilitation Project for handicapped children in Kingston, Jamaica for 5 years. More recently, she served as a consulting Counsellor at the International School of The Hague (ISH) for 6 years- working both with adolescents and their families. She has a private practice in The Hague and Leidschendam.
Areas of Practice/Expertise:
• Psychodynamic and integrative approaches;
• Brief psychodynamic therapy sessions;
• Workplace related issues;
• Working with couples (*see description below);
• Anger management;
• Stress, anxiety and panic attacks;
• Crisis intervention (death or illness in the family, divorce or separation);
• Loss, grief and bereavement, dealing with sadness in life
• Women's issues (menopause, attachments, relationships);
• Changes and transitions in the life cycle; and,
• Body image and self-esteem
* "Working with couples I offer the possibility to focus on some of the issues in which they feel stuck and create conflict.
Tensions are inherent in any long-term relationships ,
this tension, how to manage and the needs of each individual is always
the centre in my work with couples."
"I believe that many individuals have the capacity for change when given the opportunity, tools and guidance. During 30 years I have developed a practice where my clients feel they have a safe and confidential space where they can discuss past experiences, current relationships and are able to set goals to move their lives in the direction they want. I have extensive experience and training with: anxiety, communication skills, relationships tension, family concerns, self-esteem, separation, workplace stress, burn-out, and I address the challenge of sadness and negative feelings in life."